- Head of the Department:
- Academic Teachers and Researchers:
- Professor Jolanta Małuszyńska, PhD, DSc – Emeritus Professor
- Technical Staff:
Main field of reseach:
- plant genome and epigenome organisation in vivo and in vitro;
- grass nuclear genom structure, evolution and dynamics at the cytomolecular level using Brachypodium species as model organisms;
- chromatin structure in different phases of the cycle;
- physical localisation of both genes and non-coding DNA sequences;
- stability of plant nuclear genome after treatment with physical and chemical mutagens.
Unique resources of the Department:
- state of the art plant molecular cytogenetics lab;
- multichannel wide-field epifluorescence microscope Zeiss AxioImager.Z2 with Apotome.2 interface;
- digital image cytometer Olympus Scan^R;
- germplasm collections of different Brachypodium species and ecotypes.
- Erasmus +:
- PhD studies on Advanced methods in biology and biodiversity:
- Advanced molecular cytogenetics;
- Chromatin immunostaining methods;
- Plant morphogenesis in vitro and in vivo.