- Head of the Department:
- Academic Teachers:
- Technical Staff:
Main fields of research:
- development of selected organs (e.g. skin, endocrine glands, gonads) in fish and reptiles;
- ultrastructure of the alimentary canal in selected invertebrates (insects, crustaceans, tardigrades, annelids) with special emphasis on regeneration and degeneration processes;
- gonad structure and gametogenesis in selected invertebrate (insects, clitellate annelids, tardigrades) and vertebrate animals (fish, reptiles).
Unique resources of the Department:
- Transmission electron microscope: Hitachi H500
- Erasmus +:
- PhD studies on Advanced methods in biotechnology and biodiversity:
- Cyto- and histochemical analysis of embryonic animal tissues.