- Head of the Department:
- Academic Teachers:
- Professor Wacław Wojciechowski (Emeritus Professor);
- Technical Staff:
Main field of research:
- Phylogenetic studies concerning the following systematic groups: Aphidinea, Coccinea, Alyrodinea, Psyllinea, Cicadomorpha, Fulgoromorpha, Heteroptera: Miridae, Siphonaptera and Thysanoptera;
- Taxonomic studies concerning above mentioned groups, with special attention on Hemiptera;
- Application of molecular biology and scanning electron microscopy techniques in solving taxonomic and phylogenetic issues;
- Phylogeography and zoocoenology of Hemiptera, with application of the results in monitoring of habitat conditions.
Unique resources of the Department:
- large entomological collection of world representatives of Hemiptera;
- Stereoscopic microscope Nikon SMZ1500 with digital camera Nikon DN 100;
- Microscope Nikon Elipse E600 with NIS-Elements program and DS-F12 camera;
- Stereoscopic microscope Leica M205 C with digital camera Leica DFC495 and Leica Application Suite program.
- Erasmus +:
- Anatomy and morphology of insects.
- PhD studies on Advanced methods in biotechnology and biodiversity: